27th May 2011
Lord Knight of Weymouth Elected IEBE Chair
IEBE is very pleased to announce that Lord Knight of Weymouth has been elected Chair of its Board of Trustees.
Lord Knight has extensive knowledge and experience of the positive impact business involvement in education has on young people and the economy.
On taking up his role he said:
“I am genuinely pleased to join IEBE’s Board at this important stage in its development. And I am particularly excited about its plans for giving frontline practitioners in schools, colleges and specialist providers the training opportunities and tools they need to excel.”
Lord Knight replaces Shân Jones, under whose Chairmanship the IEBE has established itself as the professional association for education business practice – the first of its type in the world. She will remain on the Board, as well as take up a new role as President of the IEBE Council.
Reflecting on her time at the helm she said:
“I have thoroughly enjoyed my three years and am proud to have helped create an organisation with a reputation for integrity and excellence. I am delighted to hand over to Lord Knight, whose appointment will help continue to raise IEBE’s profile and am very pleased that as IEBE Council President, I will still have a role in promoting and supporting our professional community.”
Declan Swan, IEBE’s Chief Executive added:
“I am absolutely delighted to welcome Lord Knight to the Board. He brings with him a tremendous wealth of knowledge and experience, and a passion and enthusiasm for supporting practitioners in our field. I am looking forward to working with him closely. At the same time I want to thank Shân for playing such a pivotal and important role in shaping and developing the IEBE and I am extremely grateful for her dedication and support.”
For more information contact Matthew Chiles on 07825 299443 or email email@example.com
Lord Knight of Weymouth
- Lord Knight of Weymouth is Opposition Spokesperson for Work and Pensions and Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. He was raised to the peerage in 2010.
- In the previous government he held Ministerial posts on education, employment and for the south west region. He was Labour MP for South Dorset from 2001-10.
Institute for Education Business Excellence
- The IEBE is an education charity dedicated to improving the employability of young people.
- Through its Council, the IEBE sets and safeguards the standards for all types of work experiences up to the age of 19. We do this by providing professional accreditation for individuals and quality assurance for organisations. Work experiences delivered by professionals working to the highest possible standards help make young people more empowered, employable and entrepreneurial.
- Individual members can be found in schools, colleges, businesses and specialist organisations in the UK and overseas. IEBE recognises their professional competence through tiered membership, from Associate to Fellow.
- IEBE also recognises the quality of organisations through the Award for Education Business Excellence (AEBE). Nearly 90 have met the standard and more than 45 others are registered and working towards it.
- Shân Jones is Director of Staffordshire Partnership. She has had a 25 year career in establishing positive working relationships with employers to support students of all ages and abilities.
Search IEBE news
- Our May issue of Employability Matters is now available for your delight and delectation http://t.co/LiaLKCHHqP 2 days ago
- The IEBE Daily is out! http://t.co/LH9gVsxxof ▸ Top stories today via @NHSE_Dean 3 days ago
- RT @DavidKnightUCLO: To create a positive future for young people schools need to link with businesses more & businesses need to link with … 1 week ago
- RT @DavidKnightUCLO: This year Unity has won 2 awards & gained a quality accreditation for its #communityengagement & supporting young peop… 1 week ago
- The IEBE Daily is out! http://t.co/LH9gVsxxof 1 week ago
Education Act 2011
education business links
IEBE Platform for Excellence
Key Stage 4
National Careers Service
Newland School for Girls
Work & Pensions Committee
Youth Contract AEBE (6)
AEBE holder events (2)
Associate level (2)
Business Ready (11)
Education Ready (11)
IEBE Affiliation (3)
IEBE Approved (7)
IEBE Corporate Affiliates (2)
IEBE events (1)
IEBE in the news (3)
IEBE Masterclasses (2)
IEBE news alerts (5)
IEBE news releases (3)
IEBE Platform for Excellence (7)
IEBE views (1)
Professional status (6)
Quality awards (15)
Updates & publications (1)